Monday, August 13, 2012

#Senior Project

     Wasting time is not something I take to fondly. When the eminent Senior Project came along I was concerned with what could be done that would not only benefit me but also others. In my young years going to the dentist was never a horrible experience. I have always been fond of how each dental office is different, sometimes even each room. However, the climx of the visit has enduringly been the different teeth models that explain the separate parts of the tooth outside and inside, as well as what the various mouth diseases target. Playing with the displays brought endless joy while the adults talked business. Over the years as people have asked my choice of career my answer quickly became "something with teeth".
     Naturally, for my senior project I would pursue something involved with dentistry. As important as dental visits are, it is more important to keep yourself out of the dentist's office and as well as the expenses. My senior project will be focusing on predental hygiene, exposing the different techniques needed to keep good hygiene. Included will be insights on what to ABSOLUTELY AVOID and what is healthy for your mouth. Perhaps, amongst hours of interviews with countless dentists there will be some discoveries about myths that are spread around about hygiene.
    I will also be hosting a special lunch time seminar on how to avoid your dentist! With tricks to take better care of your teeth and which toothpaste is "best" or, if there is any difference at all. I will be going around to various dental, orthodontics, and hygienist's offices to listen to their expertise and see what differs and what overlaps.
     Nothing is fun without getting the population involved. Another element of my senior project will be challenging a group of peers to cut out soda, and other treats, out of their diet for a week or longer!

2 comments:

  1. Full disclosure: My prom date, a good friend, is now a dentist with his own practice in our hometown...complete with a fish tank in the waiting room, so you KNOW it's for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I want a fish tank in my office! I have had to clean up mine and it is such a grueling process, I hope to be able to pay someone to do it when it is in my office!

    ReplyDelete